As the legal COVID-19 restrictions relax on Monday 19th July, we would like to share our plans going forward. Like many, we will be taking a cautious approach to the removal of all safety measures, to both protect our customers and dedicated team of staff.
- We will continue with our walk-up service and will not be taking table bookings at this time.
- Please continue to wait at the entrance, you will be shown to an available table.
- Table service for drinks will continue, whilst you can approach and order at the bar, you must be seated after, standing drinking will not be permitted.
- Our staff will continue to wear facemasks inside. Customer masks are advisable when moving around the venue and visiting the restrooms.
- The NHS QR code will remain available to check in.
- Hand sanitising stations will remain and our extra cleaning routines will continue.
If you feel uncomfortable at any point during your visit, please speak to a team member, we will always do our best to ensure your visit is enjoyable.
We would like to emphasise that the responsibility sits with all of us to do our best to keep everyone as safe as possible. Thank you.
The following will cease to apply from Monday 19th July
From Monday 12th April you can join us for dining & drinks outside on our terrace, please note the following before you visit;
- For the outside table service, the current rule of 6 or 2 households applies.
- All guests (not just the party leader) must sign or log-book or scan the NHS QR code on display.
- Face masks will be required when entering the building to use our toilet facilities.
Due to Cumbria’s rise into the Tier 4 restriction level, we have temporarily closed our doors.
Please take a moment to read our house rules, set out below;
- Cumbria has been placed in Tier 2: High alert.
- Last orders will be at 10pm, all customers must have vacated the premises by 11pm.
- We can only serve alcohol with a substantial meal.
- You may only visit with your own household or support bubble members.
- Staff and customers will wear face coverings. Customers may only remove their mask once they are seated at a table to eat or drink.
- We provide table service only. We are not taking bookings, please arrive and wait to be seated by a staff member. Upon entering you can sign our Track & Trace log-book or use or QR code.
- We have the NHS COVID-19 Track & Trace QR Code. There will be a poster upon entering the venue, as well as outside where you can check-in your visit.
Our General Rules & Policies
- Visit us only if you are feeling well.
- On arrival please use our sanitiser.
- Maintain social distancing guidelines and respect other customers personal space.
- Avoid close contact and touching other people.
- Don’t arrange to meet in large groups.
- Don’t move furniture – it has been carefully arranged for social distancing.
- If sitting outside, use alternate tables whenever possible.
- Card payment only – contactless preferable.
- If dining inside please wait to be seated.
- Table service only. Please do not order at the bar.
- Keep children seated and supervise their toilets visits.
- Keep the door open to improve ventilation and reduce contact with handles. If you are cold please ask to move to another table.
Using our Toilet Facilities
- A maximum of 2 people at any time.
- If busy please wait outside.
- Young children must be supervised.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face.
- If you cough or sneeze it must be into a tissue and then disposed of.
- If do not have a tissue cough into your arm.
- For Gents – please use urinals and pedestal to stay socially distant.
- You must wear a face-covering when visiting the toilets.
For the time being, we are not taking bookings, please just come and we will try our best to accommodate you.
Our menu has been slightly reduced from our normal offering, this is to ensure the safety of our kitchen staff and also so the dishes we are offering are of the highest of standards.
Several hand sanitiser stations are in place around the building, we encourage you to use these regularly in addition to hand washing.
All touchpoints in public areas such as door handles, countertops, tabletops, soft seating etc. will be sanitised throughout the day.
Protocols are in place for all staff to sanitise their hands every time they serve food or touch food-related items.